The deadline for Abstract Submission is closed. Thanks to all of you that have submitted an Abstract.
We received much more paper than what expected. Authors will soon receive communication related to the acceptance of their work. Authors that are selected by the Scientific Committee will be soon contacted by the assigned “Bird-dog” that will guide them in the procedure for writing the paper and for preparing the presentation for MESAS’14.
MESAS'14 workshop will bring together the communities of Modeling and Simulation and of Robotics giving them the opportunity to exchange experiences, technological and scientific achievements in military, civil, and industrial scenarios. The aim is To explore the possible use of Modelling & Simulation to integrate Systems with Autonomous Capabilities into Operational Scenarios and to support Coalition Interoperability.
Researchers and technician of academy, industrial or military research centers will have the opportunity to participate to plenaries and to Round Tables that will be held during the Workshop and to share their expertise and knowhow in two Technical Sessions
Defense and Civilian Applications
Advanced Research Perspectives
Novel contributions or research/technological advancements are recommended. Overview of ongoing research and approaches are also welcome.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following
Simulation techniques, Distributed Simulation, Multi-domain simulation (Land, Maritime, Air, Space, Cyber), end-to-end simulation, Hybrid simulation, hardware-in-the-loop simulation techniques, Testing and validation, Platform/middleware for robotics, Interoperability of Autonomous Systems, Aerial, Terrestrial, Marine, Space, Industrial, Service and Hybrid Robotics, Search and Rescue Robots, Networked robot systems, Distributed Robot Systems, Planning and control for Multiple Mobile Robot Systems, Mathematic & modeling of robots, Infrastructures in distributed robotics and sensors, Human robot interaction
Authors of the best contributions presented at the workshop will be invited to submit a paper for publication in a book with ISBN/ISSN.
Please read carefully our guidelines for speakers and authors before submitting your abstract and paper. To submit your abstract click on the "Submit your abstract" button; an account creation at EasyChair.org is required.
- 16th December 2013 - Abstract Submission Open
- 31st January 2014 - Opening of Registration
- 28th March 2014 - Notification of Acceptance and Author Instructions for Paper and Presentation Submission
- 29th March 2014 - Abstract Submission End
- 11th April 2014 - Issue of Preliminary Programme
- 24th April 2014 - Release of Final Programme
- 5th May 2014 - Modelling and Simulation for Autonomous Systems Workshop - MESAS'14 Opening
- 6th May 2014 - MESAS'14 Best Paper Award
GUIDELINES FOR MESAS'14 WORKSHOP SPEAKERS AND AUTHORS
- You are required to submit an Abstract (no more than 300 words) of your Paper to the MESAS'14 Scientific Committee by 14 March 2014. Please follow the Paper Formatting Guidelines that you find in this webpage. We kindly suggest to use the MESAS'14 Template (Openoffice - ODT, MS Word or LaTeX). Please convert the file in PDF before submission. To submit the file click on the "Submit Your Paper" icon in this webpage. You will be asked to have an Easychair account to submit your paper;
- MESAS'14 Scientific Committee may contact you to have some clarification on your work;
- You will receive a notification whether your abstract is accepted by 28 March 2014;
- Soon after your abstract has been accepted you will be notified of who of the MESAS'14 Board will be your "Bird-dog". Your bird-dog will help you to follow the paper and presentation submission process. He will give you advice and will be very keen to view your presentation by the deadline, in order to ensure that you have included the right content that is pertinent to your session.
PAPER FORMATTING GUIDELINES
The total length of a paper must be at least 2 pages but should not exceed 10 pages. Papers exceeding 10 pages will not be considered, regardless of the technical quality. It is recommended to use the MESAS'14 templates for preparing the manuscript.
Your paper must be compliant with the following paper formatting rules:
- The page format must be A4 (21.0 cm x 29.7 cm).
- The paper abstract must be set in one column layout with single line spacing and should not be longer than 300 words.
- The paper must be set in two column layout with single line spacing.
- Use Times New Roman font, the text must be at 10pt with a line spacing of 12pt, the paper title 16pt, the section title 14pt, and the subsection title 12pt.
- The paper must contain complete contact information of at least one of the authors (postal Address, phone, fax, and e-mail).
- Figures, tables and equations must have separate sequential numbering.
- Do not number pages, and do not use footnotes.
- MS Word users: Embed all fonts, tables, charts, figures and images within the text.
- Avoid Asian or Cyrillic characters and unusual acronyms.
- Submit your paper as unprotected MS Word file, Open Document Text file or pdf file only.
DURING MESAS'14 WORKSHOP
- Workshop Speakers can attend MESAS'14 free of charge for the full two days;
- Each day there will be a Speaker Meeting Opportunity, where you can meet face-to-face your bird-dog, the other speakers and Session Chairs;
- It is essential that you stay within the time allotted to your presentation.
DURING MESAS'14 CLOSING CEREMONY AND AFTER THE WORKSHOP
- The Technical Chairmen are asked to nominate the best paper and presentation of the 2014 Modelling and Simulation for Autonomous Systems Workshop. The authors winner of the Best Paper will be awarded during the Closing Ceremony of the Workshop;
- The MESAS'14 proceedings containing papers and presentations will be available on the MESAS'14 website for download;
- By submitting your paper and presentation to the MESAS'14 Board, you grant permission for it to be made available to the MESAS'14 website and on Proceedings of MESAS'14.